1. With a quality education, children will get the knowledge and life skills they need to realize their full potential. Education is essential in creating change in a child’s life. Plan helps by training teachers, building new schools and breaking down barriers that prevent many children, and girls in particular, from attending school.
2. Access to health care is essential. Plan helps communities build health clinics, train health care workers and invest in equipment and medicine so children can grow up healthy and strong.
3. Water and sanitation are essential for every child’s survival. Every year, Plan helps communities build school latrines, community water points and helps to establish organizations to ensure the continued management and maintenance of water points.
4. Plan works to overcome poverty by helping communities around the world gain the economic security they need to thrive. Plan is training people living in poverty to acquire the skills and knowledge they need to secure a livelihood, and support their families.
5. Plan helps children learn their rights and take active roles within their community. Child participation helps children engage in citizenship, express their views and make decisions that will shape their future and influence the people around them.